Project Manager- Intermediate
Responsible for establishing and leading assigned IT projects which have been initiated by the Accountable Executive. These include launching new products and services, application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
- Directs complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners
- Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned projects, including all business, operational and IT deliverables.
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.).
- Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources.
- Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents.
- Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Ensures the mechanisms of change management (plans , processes, tools) are in place and effectively executed.
- Ensures project issues and risks are identified, quantified, managed and tracked.
- Develops strategies to appropriately mitigate risks.
- Ensures risks, assumptions and constraints are appropriately communicated and escalated when necessary.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Develops project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards(e.g. Risk, Audit, Compliance).
- Monitors and controls the project.
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project manager (or Accountable Executive, as applicable) and publishes periodic project status reports.
- Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects
Possesses a university degree and/or 2- 4 years relevant work experience. Industry-specific knowledge and experience is an asset
- Relationship management and consulting skills.
- Change management skills.
- Risk management skills.
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization effectively.
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills, effective at the executive level.
- Good business and technical acumen.
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at various decision-making meetings.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body Of Knowledge).
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable)