Job Posting Title: Project Manager – Data – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 14 months
A Project Manager/Leader will provide:
- Develop and implement near real time dashboard services for Emergency Health Services Division and Paramedic Services across the province as part of COVID-19 data analytic, situational awareness and decision support
The Project Manager/Leader Deliverables
a) Manage multiple concurrent projects to OPS I & IT Standards using combination of waterfall and agile methodologies.
b) Manage multiple projects and project resources through the project management life cycle while meeting Health Service Cluster gating and architecture checkpoint requirements.
c) Adhere to OPS I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality; adhere to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources.
d) Develop project plans, work packages, obtain approvals.
e) Develop and execute project charters, integrated project plans, schedules and communication plans, including obtaining approvals
f) Maintains the project plan, the communication Plan (communications within the team and between the team and external entities), and the master project Schedule.
g) Create and manage the assigned work package within the overall project plan, including all components, documents and reports.
h) Report to, manage expectations of senior executives and other stakeholders.
i) Participate in steering committee and stakeholder forums as required.
j) Provide project, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
k) Manage stakeholders’ interests and expectations throughout the life cycle of the project.
l) Issue and Risk Management and Mitigation.
m) Proactively identify risks and issues pertaining to the assigned work package, report them to the overall Project Champions and the Portfolio Team. Identify and mitigate strategies and responses to the issues and risks.
n) Develop and maintain product backlogs.
o) Collaborates and communicates with stakeholders, developers, technical team members and designers
p) Vendor Management
q) Work with vendors to successfully negotiate and deliver mutually beneficial multi-year contracts for ongoing warranty, maintenance and support of the technology such as the Computer Aided Dispatch application
r) Ensure the development and delivery of business cases where applicable (ie management board submissions) to seek approval for long term support & maintenance contracts with Ministry vendors.
s) Work with Ministry (or assigned) Legal and Procurement entities within the OPS to ensure Ministry processes are adhered to, and Ministry interests are incorporated while establishing the contract.
t) Coordinate project plans with Public Safety Operations.
u) Ensure project implementation plans have no adverse impact to public safety operations.
v) Financial management of project
w) Ensure a high level of fiscal control and accountability for project budget. Forecast changes to the budget and communicates planned vs. actual budget as the project progresses
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Public Safety Experience – 25%
• Experience with data related projects (Data analytics, ETL, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence)
• Experience developing and implementing dashboard project using PowerBI
• Experience with Cloud platform, MS Azure would be preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in delivering complex and near real-time data dashboards solutions using Microsoft Power BI technology including experience with Change Data Capture (CDC) (tools such as Debezium) and, mobile-apps/web-based initiatives.
• Experience working in a public safety environment, such as ambulance, fire or police
• Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD application)
• Experience with telephony and radio technologies such as IP based telephony, Avaya, P25
• Experience with implementing and integrating Medical Triage Algorithm such as MPDS
Project Management Experience – 15%
• 10+ years of experience with Project Management delivering highly technical cross-functional projects.
• Expert knowledge of industry standards such as Project Management Institute (PMI) and Agile methodologies.
• Demonstrated IT project management experience managing all phases (concept, definition, planning, implementation, and closeout) of complex IT projects.
• Demonstrated experience gathering and developing requirements for project charters, and integrated project plans.
• Demonstrated experience identifying and evaluating specific issues or risks, providing options analysis and recommending action plans to mitigate the risks.
• Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to drive tactical initiatives forward.
• Ability to communicates complex concepts; anticipates potential objections and influences others to adopt a different point of view.
• Demonstrated experience in managing project budgets with high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise with agile and waterfall software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies and agile tools (backlog grooming, scrum meetings and estimating) and ability to refine its use on a project-by-project basis.
• Demonstrated work experience with managing the release path for each release across multiple teams and Owning Go No/Go Checkpoints leading up to releases.
• Track releases in Jira and Confluence, managing fix versions and other documentation
Technical Experience – 10%
• Understanding of large-scale software deployments in enterprise-wide environments.
• Technical problem solving and root cause analysis skills,
• Ability to coordinate matrix teams across business analysts, development and QA to effectively execute releases across multiple products/platforms.
• Direct experience with business-oriented data analysis, data management and advanced analytics best practices.
• Experience in using project management platforms (Confluence and Jira).
• Basic proficiency with standard development software.
Analytics and Communication Experience – 10%
• Demonstrated experience preparing and distributing project updates, progress reports to project stakeholder while managing expectations pertaining to scope and timeline constraints
• Demonstrated experience identifying and acquiring a mix of skilled technical resources necessary to complete project assignments/deliverables; including clarifying roles and responsibilities
• Demonstrated experience communicating across many functional areas to actively engage project stakeholders and manage client expectations with diverse interests, technical and non- technical backgrounds using the appropriate level of political acuity and messaging for the audience.
• Written communication skills to prepare authoritative recommendations, proposals and reports
• A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
• Strong discipline in resolving resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, ensures knowledge is shared among team members to achieve project objectives
• Demonstrated experience leading presentations for senior management, stakeholders and teams