Project Manager- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role:
• Supports program manager and provide project/workstream updates where applicable
• Leads end to end delivery planning of assigned project(s)/workstream(s) like implementation plan, RAID log and transition to BAU including budgeting & resourcing.
• Influence the decision-making process to ensure alignment to business priorities, strategic technology architecture and resource allocation for assigned project(s)/workstream(s).
• Works independently and exercises judgement based on precedents, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
• Impacts project design, risk and delivery across business areas or subfunctions supported.
• Manage governance forums as required with primarily business stakeholders, technology partners and other support functions (e.g., working group meetings, standups, etc.)
• Responsible for interactions with all impacted key stakeholders from business, risk, operations & technology teams including stakeholders in different geographic locations where applicable
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager within financial institutions
2) 3+ years of Capital Markets experience
3) Demonstrated experience creating status reports for multiple forums on a daily/weekly basis
4) Excellent experience with Project Management tools (eg. Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, MS Project, Visio). Please list tools
1) Demonstrated experience working on complex technology transformation projects with multiple workstreams (with product lifecycle and IT platforms experience)
2) Experience with equity products
Soft Skills Required:
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment
• Superior interpersonal skills, leadership and influential capabilities
• Highly developed relationship management skills to effectively manage relationships across the Bank, partners and external vendors
• Self-motivated; able to work in a team and independently in ambiguous situations
• Proven track record delivering business/strategic initiatives from concept to change management
• Organizational and administrative agility; developed and superior negotiation skills
• Ability to work calmly and intentionally under pressure
• Strong writing and verbal skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in the disciplines of Business Management, Finance or STEM