Project Manager – AML
Location Address: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Duration: ASAP until Oct 31, 2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: Regular business hours, 37.5 hours per week
Reason: Additional workload – to fulfill ad hoc requests
Story Behind the Need
Business group: AML Risk Project Management Office handles all AML related projects and initiatives coming from different lines of business. They are ensuring that all data that is being fed into different systems is accurate and meet the regulatory compliance requirements.
Project: Control Gap Assessment – to review existing AML controls in the business and technology processes, identify root cause for the production issues, and making recommendations for further enhancements.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within AML in one of the top 5 Canadian Banks, working with senior stakeholders in both business and technology.
Typical Day in Role:
– Review existing AML controls in the business and technology processes, identify root cause for the production issues, and make recommendations for further enhancements – 80% of the role
– Facilitate various meetings with teams, stakeholders, executives
– Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
– Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
– Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
– Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
– Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
– Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and timeline using the banks procedures and policies.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of PM experience on business side (+ experience at the senior level)
2. 5+ years of AML experience – in transaction monitoring, customer risk rating etc.
3. Proven understanding of IT – previous experience in IT or have managed projects within IT
4. 5+ years’ experience with stakeholder management and organizational change management
5. 5+ years consulting OR audit experience in process risk control assessment
1. PMP Certification
2. Banking experience
Soft Skills Required:
– Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
– Excellent attention to detail
– Ability to multitask
Education: Post secondary
PMP/PMI an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
1st round with HM – 1 hour video interview
2nd round with VP – 30 minute video interview
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP