Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 Months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm (7.5 hours/day)
Story Behind the Need:
• GTS – SID – Solutions Delivery
• The Voice Services Program is looking for an experienced Project Manager – Voice Financials and Delivery to join the Delivery team. The PM will play a critical role in the management and reporting of Voice Program Financials in ensuring that governance and financial management processes are followed in an accurate and timely manner. The person in this role will interact with finance teams, project managers and other leaders as required.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on manage high profile projects up to $10-20M to financials. They will gain exposure to GTS technology and Scotiabank, one of the top 5 banks in Canada.
Typical Day in Role:
• Review of SOWs to create/update payment schedules in collaboration with Vendors and Portfolio Services
• Ensure that the monthly financial forecast, actual and accrual submission timelines for the program are observed rigorously
• Execute, monitor and control project finances (accruals, forecasts, budgets, invoicing)
• Create and publish financial status reports to the Voice Team at the required cadence
• Escalate any risks/ Issues with project financials to the Delivery and Portfolio Services leads
• Maintain and update the Consolidated Program Financial tracker
• Provide input on process and deliverable improvement
• Any other role related responsibilities as assigned
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 3-4 years’ experience working on large projects or programs $10 to $20 MM
2) Microsoft Project, Excel Pivot tables, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
3) Banking/ Canadian Financial Services industry background
4) Confident with management of financial data: financial forecasting, budgeting, actuals, accruals variance analysis, understanding of P&L and interrelated cross-BU particularities
• Previous BNS experience
• Process certification, such as, Six Sigma, CBPP, BPM, ISO 20000, ITIL, CMMI.
• Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
Soft Skills (just as important as must-have requirements)
• Strong communicator with experience in interacting with multiple Vendors as related to invoices, forecasts etc.
• Quick learner, persistent and able to adapt to changing situations
• Highly organized, detail oriented with superior time management and multi- tasking skills
• Work independently with minimal guidance and use judgement to determine when to make a decision and when to engage stakeholder
• Bachelor’s Degree, specialization in Business, Finance, Engineering, Math or Science desirable
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1st round – hiring manager (30 minutes)
• 2nd round – with Panel (30 minutes)