Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: 8 months regardless of start
Story behind the need:
Business group: Composed of DevOps team and cloud engineering team. This group moves current bank assets and manages the deployment of applications into test and production environments and overall software delivery.
Project: CDP replacement project to Google cloud functionalities (support the Google Kubernetes Platform Build program).
Candidate Value Proposition:
– We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
– We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
– You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
Typical Day in the role:
– Manage complex projects with stakeholders that span multiple cross-functional teams.
– Act as an Agile Scrum Master and Project Manager. You will ensure the successful delivery of software products within Digital Banking.
– Manage project schedule and budget.
– Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions.
– Ensure Agile methodology is effectively executed.
– Mitigate risks and make sure the team is unblocked and can effectively complete their work.
– Help guide projects through the bank development management processes.
– Provide stakeholder and executive communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and relationship building.
– Provide regular, standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
– Work with the team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments.
– Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
– Regularly communicate with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identify and track dependencies between teams.
– Identify team conflict and partner with Development Managers and Agile Coaches to resolve, and escalate to Leadership Team for support when necessary.
– Ensure team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices, etc.
– Drive continuous improvement.
– Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines.
– Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation throughout the course of the project
– Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operation Readiness) with associated teams (Ex. Release Engineering, Security, etc.)
– Analyze and breakdown projects into smaller components for estimation
Must have hard skills:
1. 5+ years of PM / Delivery experience managing and delivering complex software projects
2. 5+ years of experience delivery projects in an Agile environment / strong knowledge of Agile methodology
3. Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies – demonstrated through project work
4. Ability to hold people accountable and on top of deliverables
Nice to have hard skills:
1. CSM and PMP certifications
2. Banking experience
– Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
– Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
– Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
– Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
– Not afraid of confrontation
Education/ years of overall experience:
– Bachelor's degree in IT related field