Typical Day in Role
• Leading and overseeing delivery of technology solutions (from a data and application perspective) to our clients within the constraints of time/cost/scope.
• Perform financial analysis of cost/benefits of various proposed technology solutions
• Providing guidance to the project team to ensure efforts are aligned to the project delivery goal.
• Define project control processes, stakeholder management processes, and project gating documents in adherence to our EPMO standards.
• Building and maintaining solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines
• Engaging stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project
• Reporting project status, roadblocks and milestones to the project stakeholder and sponsors throughout the course of the project
• Prioritizing multiple projects and their deliverables based on the business value to our clients
• Motivating and fostering high performance team culture throughout the course of the project
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience implementing successful IT projects throughout the SDLC cycle. Experience with application-based projects (understanding of data processing and workflows) is essential
• Experience working on projects leading business analysts and developers.
• Advanced skills with Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Jira and Confluence;
• Demonstrated skills as a scrum master
• Strong understanding of project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile), product development methodologies, and tools.
• Capital Markets knowledge
• Exposure to Compliance Control Room business line
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate business requirements to technical teams – will have the opportunity work with senior stakeholders, traders, and business units
• Demonstrable leadership skills to lead and motivate the team in order to achieve project goals.
• Must be flexible, pro-active, result oriented with attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills to resolve any project related issues across technical and business teams, as well as provide support for any ad-hoc tasks required to achieve project scope.
Degrees or certifications:
• Undergraduate degree in business or computer science equivalent
• PMP designation is a strong asset