Location Address: Toronto – WFH
Contract Duration: ASAP to 08/22/2022 – 1 year + possibility for extension for additional 6 months
Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Helping with business cases, project delivery, managing financials, communicating with stakeholders, emphasizing the value of project to stakeholders.
• Project: Modernizing one of bank’s repository – to align to strategic roadmap. This role is needed to manage all business aspects of the project plan including governance, financials, timelines and scope for Project. Currently, no additional FTE capacity to manage a project of this size and scope. The work itself is very technical / data heavy project – currently at early stages of project (has kicked off and work is now underway)
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Transformational opportunity work within FI regulatory space. Exposure to business banking – great opportunity if interest in working with business banking data.
Typical Day in Role:
• Plans and manages medium to large-scale projects (potentially involving technology enablement) often involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and matrix governance.
• Liaises with cross-functional teams of business and technology stakeholders and external vendors (where applicable) to facilitate all phases of the project lifecycle
• Develops project approach, work break-down structure (WBS) and detailed project plan. Involve key subject matter experts to develop effort estimates, timeline, resource requirements and cost estimates. Define roles and accountabilities to execute the project in a practical manner.
• Follows established enterprise project management procedures, and manage scope to deliver the expected project outcomes within agreed-upon time, cost, and quality parameters. Effectively manage project change, in order to respond to the changing needs of the business.
• Aligns with bank Project / Program Delivery framework, and leverages standard templates and tools
• Develops project documentation including project charter, milestones, measures of success and transition plans
• Manages resolution of issues and risks effectively and ensures timely escalation of the issues and risks
• Monitors project milestones, financial delivery, resource availability, and issue resolution process
• Ensures proper project closure including documentation of lessons learned and transition into sustainment
• Uses negotiation and influencing skills to build consensus amongst diverse stakeholder groups to ensure a common approach towards timely completion of project work
• Provides project delivery guidance / support to the assigned program team leads on individual projects (e.g. review and inputs into key business or technology deliverables etc.)
• Seeks and engages subject matter expertise (e.g. Financial / non-Financial Risk management, Regulatory Compliance, external service providers) to deliver higher value
• Engages Change Management team as needed to drive the transformation activities for the assigned project portfolio
Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of project management experience
2) Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
3) Experience in project management methodology including agile framework
4) Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budget preparation
5) Experience on managing medium – Large projects with technology and data transformation
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very critical for this role
-Flexible and able to quickly adapt to unfamiliar, ambiguous or changing conditions
•Banking industry experience
•Experience in one or more Risk Management disciplines, e.g. financial risks, non-financial risks (e.g. Cyber, IT, Third Party, etc.) is preferred
•Flexible and able to quickly adapt to unfamiliar, ambiguous or changing conditions
•Expert level knowledge of office productivity applications such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, etc.
•Ability to manage project risks and issues, and appropriate use of escalation mechanisms
•Demonstrated experience supporting delivery of medium to large size projects in banking environment
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in any field – Preference in IT
• Certifications: PMP/PMI certification is an asset