Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: 08/03/2021 to 10/31/2021 (potential for long term extension)
Business group: Handles all AML related projects and initiatives coming from different lines of business. They are ensuring that all data that is being fed into different systems is accurate and meet the regulatory compliance requirements.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Exposure to AML (valuable asset in job market)
Typical Day in the role:
– Facilitate various meetings with teams, stakeholders, executives
– Ensure that projects are on time, on budget, and within scope
– Financial management
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
– Effectively oversee project staff, delegating work to appropriate leads.
– Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
– Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
– Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
– Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
– Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
– Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
– Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
– Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using the banks procedures and policies.
Must have hard skills:
1. 10+ years of PM experience on business side (+ experience at the senior level)
2. Understanding of IT to be able to communicate with tech side
3. 4+ years MS Project experience
4. Experience with Stakeholder management, Vendor management, financial management and organizational change management
5. PMP Certification
Nice to have hard skills:
1. AML project experience
2. Banking experience
– Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
– Excellent attention to detail
– Ability to multitask
Education/ years of overall experience: Bachelor's degree