Location: Toronto, WFH
Duration: 06/14/2021 to 06/13/2022 (1 year contract)
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Exposure to consolidating all collections projects
– Potential for extension and to become permanent
Typical Day in the role:
1. Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Creates tailored plans that assigns the right accountability and develops the ideal performance indicators, planning and resources needed to execute Business Line and Corporate Function Projects
through: End-to-end project support/execution and operational Readiness
3. Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
4. Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks defining project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
5. Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan ensuring work is well distributed (e.g., resolving bottlenecks, owning lab ceremonies such as stand ups, sprint review, sprint replenishment, etc.)
6. Coordinate cross-functional teams across various geographies in order to implement area & project vision and reach objective.
7. Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel ensuring appropriate allocation of demand to each backlog based on
8. Implement project communication plan, perform risk assessment and implement mitigation plans
9. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
10. Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise.
11. Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives working with other leaders and architects to align work across all projects.
12. Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses are on schedule and within budget.
13. Prepare status reports and modify schedules or plans as required managing and Controlling projects/initiatives assigned aligned to PMO framework managing, following up, updating and communicating tasks, milestones, risks, issues , actions, costs, time and scope through PEP, Project Plan, dashboards, RAID Log, CAPPM tools and PCNs of the projects/initiatives,
14. Champion standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
15. Prepare, maintain and execute all deliverable artifacts within methodology remit.
16. Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
17. Monitor Project Financials with the support of PCOs and ensure that invoices processed are aligned with the expected expenses as well as ensure and manage forecast of expenses
18. Communication to Program Executives and Friction Council on issues, risks and decisions required, prepare, coordinate and chair Steering Committee meetings
19. Support Vendor Management activities providing information relevant to Delivery Schedules to define SoWs, participate in Sprint Planning and Reviews to validate deliverables, review and approvals of
timesheets, travel expenses and invoices
Must have hard skills (3-5):
1. 2+ years of project management experience (traditional and agile delivery, hybrid)
2. 2+ years of experience using MS Project, JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English (IB with LATAM)
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Knowledge of collections operations
2. PMP certification
3. Working experience in multi- disciplinary teams
4. Knowledge of Retail and Small Business products and services (digital tools, dialer solutions,
FICO Digital solution, End solution, TRIAD Risk engine, Cyber Financial – Collection System)
– Ability to work independently
– Leadership skills (needs to be able to influence teams)
– 10/10 communications to communicate effectively with different levels of management
Education: University degree (prefers system engineer, computing degree), PMP (nice to have)