Location: Toronto (WFH for now and most likely for the rest of the year)
Duration: 07/01/2021 to 06/30/2022 (1 year contract with potential for extension)
Business group: Handles all AML related projects and initiatives coming from different lines of business. They are ensuring that all data that is being fed into different systems is accurate and meet the regulatory compliance requirements.
Project: This position is needed to manage the Reporting workstream within PCMLTFA (multi year project). Large project (touching all lines of business- enterprise wide and high visibility) working towards meeting regulatory commitment to FINTRAC. Overall the team will be focusing on reporting the workstream to regulatories, producing reports to FINTRA (as well as pulling reports) and implementing new regulations.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Potential for extension
– Opportunity to work on a very large and high visibility project
Typical Day in the role:
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
– Effectively oversee project staff, delegating work to appropriate leads.
– Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
– Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion (use internal bank application to extract risks and pull reports)
– Work with multiple technology and business groups within bank (funnel and interpret information coming from the tech side and relay to the business side)
– Daily stand up meetings with all the technology groups to talk about issues and risks (plan out what needs to be delivered)
– Prioritizing backlog, ensure timelines are on track, ensure QA completed properly
– Using Agile methodology
– Chair/ facilitate meetings with business side and tech side (sessions where they will go more in depth about requirements, issues or anything the business side wants to bring to the table)
– Facilitating the larger discussion, completing meeting minutes
– Working with directors and project team (analysts, project manager, etc)
Must have skills:
– 10-15 years advanced scrum master experience in a banking environment including business and technology knowledge
– Approx. 2-5 years of AML knowledge
– 2-5 years of experience working on regulatory projects
– Strong agile/ hybrid program management experience (mature in their skill set)
– 5+ years of experience with large complex projects (agile methodology- confluence, scrum board and other agile tools)
Nice to have skills:
– Reporting experience with FINTRAC (EFT, LCT, STR)
– Bank experience
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong time management skills with the ability to keep themselves and other groups on track and within budget
– Excellent communication skills (ability to simplify tech terminology when speaking to the business side)
– PMP certification
– Scrum master certification
– College or University education in a related subject matter