Project Lead/Technical Lead
Location Address: Scarborough – WFH
Contract Duration: 6 months depending on the start date.
Schedule hours: Mon – Fri, 9-5
Number of Positions: 1
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Database Services – Mainframe & DB2
• Project: Mainframe & Db2 Database Services team looks after bank’s critical Mainframe systems and Db2 database systems. This position is responsible for leading and supporting key projects for the team. This includes, among others, coordinating tasks related to database changes, production deployments/releases, oversight of non-functional changes, and overall coordination of resources to these activities.
• Reason for request: Additional workload beyond the capacity for the current team.
Candidate Value Preposition
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
• Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of S Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms
This position requires demonstrated skills in project management, business analysis, communication, cross-functional group collaboration skills.
A strong focus on customer service excellence and strong leadership skills is required. To join our team, you must be proactive, multitasking, dynamic, flexible, highly motivated and results oriented. The scrum master will be required to collaborate with vendors, managers, business analysts, developers and architects of various departments to get the expected results.
In addition, the Junior Project Leader should be effective in process improvement; as you’ll be expected to provide the department with overall project management leadership and oversight by continually improving processes to generate greater efficiencies across the team that can be translated into cost savings.
Is this role right for you?
Responsible for planning and coordinating application support activities. Ensuring that all projects, releases, production issues raised through in-house platform ARM system and also ServiceNow. Also, ensuring assignments are progressing to meet committed delivery timelines, including:
• Works closely with DBAs to allocate, prioritise and monitor work progression
• Responsible for ensuring adequate 24×7 pager support across all applications
• Incident and Problem Management: Responsible for the oversight of Service Now Tickets by prioritizing based on customer impact
• Ensure SN tickets are resolved in within SLA’s and root cause of issues are solved on a permanent basis.
• Coordinates and manages code deployments in production
• Creating overall project and support plans and/or checklists (proficient using MS Office products including MS Project).
• Managing resources and assigning tasks as well as monitoring efforts and results against plan
• Preparing project status reports
• Ensure all project/service now documentation is created and regularly updated
• Strategically look for opportunities on process efficiencies/improvements.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• You possess 3+ years of technical working experience in a Project Lead role or related
• You have an understanding of current IT practices and systems development techniques.
• You possess experience leading projects using new technologies.
• Your interpersonal and communication (written/verbal/presentation) skills are excellent, in order to effectively liaise with business users, members of the project team and vendors.
• You have a demonstrated ability to effectively assign tasks, liaise with business users and members of project team, along with technology partners and internal technical development support teams.
• Working knowledge of banking products & services is an asset.
• Working experience in a Production Support environment is an asset.
• Technical working experience includes hands-on working experience on data, database or programming is an asset.
• Knowledge of project management tools and techniques (e.g., MS Projects, JIRA, Agile/Scrum, Visio etc., Excel)
• You possess the ability to lead multiple initiatives/projects concurrently.
• You possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment & dealing with aggressive schedules, changing priorities and work under pressure when dealing with major incidents.
• PMP certification or working towards
• Scrum Master certification (CSM), Professional ScrumMaster certification (PSM)
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1 Step Process: 1- Microsoft Teams Interview 30 minutes, with HR & Senior Dda
(Possibly 2 round interview)
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
– The team is looking for a Project Lead or Technical Lead Not a Project Manager