Job Title: Project Coordinator- IT
Duration: 6 months
Location: Downtown Toronto
Project: The project consists of two deliverables: Disaster Recovery Testing and Vulnerability patching. Working remotely with our Montreal based team, the candidate will work with the technical team to plan, schedule, and execute the disaster recovery test plans. Upon testing completion, documentation will need to be updated to reduce any gaps or deficiencies. On the vulnerability patching, we have over 850 servers utilizing Qualys to provide monthly reports on certain Vulnerabilities on both the Application & OS level. 30% of the servers currently have severe vulnerabilities that need to be identified and fixed. The candidate will need to track down the different business owners/technical individuals to gather information around over 260 Servers across the organization.
• Coordination of activities can include one or more of the following: program schedule tracking and maintenance, coordinating inputs to project status, coordinating various activities with a vendor, setting up and taking minutes at project and delivery team meetings, following up on assigned action items, maintaining project collaboration workspaces, maintaining Excel project spreadsheets on finances, and serving as a point of contact to project stakeholders for project administration, information and updates.
Specific Project Requirements
• Supports program communication requirements by managing and distributing project material and following up on action items.
• Use of program tools, processes and templates for time tracking, program schedule maintenance, program status, program finances, and documentation management.
• Completes administrative tasks for the PMO and projects within the PMO as required such as maintaining vacation schedules and contact lists, coordinates agendas, arranges meeting rooms, catering and travel documents for vendor/other meetings, maintains invoice & deliverable logs; prepares acceptance sheets for deliverables and creates pdf files and files final approved deliverables, and other admin work as required.
• Track, update and report on project budgets; serves as a liaison to the IT Project Management Office.
• Coordinates with and responds to queries from the IT Project Management Office on matters relating to the Program schedule and budget.
• Maintains project schedule.
• Tracks both project change controls.
• Maintains collaborative relations with all members of the project team, including all stakeholders to support both the successful delivery of projects and operational objectives.
• Ensures project documentation is complete, signed off, filed, and in adherence with project management methodologies and audit requirements.
• Updates and maintains program and project data on the SharePoint project collaboration workspace.
- 5+ years of IT Project Coordination experience utilizing Planview.
- 3+ years of Change Management experience utilizing ServiceNow tool.
- Strong Stakeholder communication. This resource will be coordinating with the top stakeholders across multiple lines of business.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain project schedules in MS Project (preference to MS Project 2010 Enterprise).
- Proven ability to develop and manage advanced Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform research-related tasks (i.e. the use of various paper and electronic resources, analysis and synthesis of documents).
- Highly developed sense of motivation, independence, diplomacy and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, handle challenging situations and work well under pressure and within tight timelines.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Visio, Excel, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Skype and PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new applications.