Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: 08/16/2021 to 08/15/2022 (potential for extension or perm within 1 year)
Business group: Strategy and planning – strategy (oversee and drive development of annual plans for the department) and planning (initiative delivery planning and working on special projects around operational model development, process transformation and business operations work)
Project: BAU work, HM's team manages a centralized planning function, so these contractors will be focusing on the initiative delivery planning. This includes evaluating, scoping and costing across department needs.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Early career opportunity to be involved in tech project planning and tech delivery (great skill set to have in this market)
– Flexibility around work location and hours
– Opportunity to take part in the implementation that will change the way client does banking
Typical Day in the role:
– Majority of day will be developing delivery plans at various levels of detail
– Coordinate and bring together the teams that will deliver the initiatives to discuss and complete planning activities
– Work with digital engineering and project teams to deliver project plans to the main office to then be sent to various business lines
– Scheduling plan deliveries and coordinating/ facilitating the necessary conversations within the teams in digital
– Provide project support to staff and providing general administrative duties as needed.
– Arranges schedules and regulates flow of work within or between organizational groups or businesses.
– Check master schedule and work orders, establish priorities, and change schedule according to projects, work order specifications, priorities, and availability of workers, material, or equipment.
– Participate in meetings with clients and task members to determine progress of work and identify additional follow up needs.
– Provide general administrative support including monitoring calendar, setting up meetings, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, entering time and filing expense reports.
– Compile reports concerning progress of work and downtime to distribute to personnel involved in project.
Must have hard skills:
1. 1-3 years of project management skills
2. Strong MS Excel
3. Ability to influence people and drive teams to established outcomes
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Project financial management experience (budgets, etc)
2. General accounting experience
3. Experience with technology projects
4. Experience within a large corporation
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure.
– Analytical thinker, with ability to solve problems.
– Can deal with ambiguity and requests for change
– Stakeholder management skills
Education/ years of overall experience: Bachelor's degree in commerce, accounting