Job Title: Project Control Officer
Duration: 5 months (possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT (Global Wholesale Risk Technology) Project Management Office has been established to drive and govern bank’s key strategic programs and initiatives – which by nature are highly complex and dynamic – through proper project best practices. Its primary objectives are strategic forecasting, increasing project management competencies and project governance which includes the effective use of common project management methodologies, tools, templates, education and training. Our work is focused on leadership, problem solving and driving results.
GWRT is seeking a PCO to assist with providing an overview and control for the GWRT Portfolio.
Traits which lead to success in this role include: leadership, drive, ambition, integrity, passion, effectiveness, listening skills, humility and the desire to see others succeed.
• Reason for request: Workload/Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a supportive and down to earth team, while getting the chance to learn a lot and come across many opportunities for growth.
Typical Day in Role
• Work closely with bank's internal teams
• Providing leadership and executional capabilities to ensure business units are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of project management standards, methodologies, and best practices.
• Engaging internal stakeholders, your role is to provide governance, oversee and ensure effective project delivery standards & reporting (monthly status reporting (dashboards))
• Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of demonstrated project management experience.
2) Leading training/presentations to diverse audiences (will be leading trainings (i.e. forecasting trainings) – 3+ years of experience
3) Effectively managing stakeholders across all levels of the organization – 3+ years of experience
4) Strong communication skills – Communicating complex ideas clearly (verbal and written)
5) Strong business acumen and analytical skills (Excel & PowerPoint – intermediate) – 5+ years of experience
6) Financial Accounting Experience– debit, credit, accrual, forecasting & budgeting– 3+ years of experience
• Demonstrated aptitude for analytics and technology
• Hands on experience with Reporting and dashboarding
• Agile experience
• Banking experience – one of the big 5 banks
• Experience with Clarity PPM
• Completion of an CPA/MBA
• PMP, Process Improvement, Change Management and Agile certifications
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in finance or a technical field
Candidate Review & Selection
– 1 Step Process: 1 In-Person Interview with Hiring Manager (and potentially Director) – interview will consist of both behavioral and technical questions
– PCO will be helping on a portfolio level, not project level – advising how to do things and advise on best practices
– Communication skills and soft skills are extremely important:
o Leadership in a professional setting and/or through extracurricular activities
o Multitasking and managing competing priorities and expectations
o Entrepreneurial drive, critical-thinking and excellent judgement skills
o Working collaboratively in a team environment
o Flexibility to work across multiple sites, depending on engagement location