Job Title: Project Control Officer
Location Address: Toronto with travel to Scarborough based on project needs
Contract Duration: 5 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Security Program Management is seeking an experienced Sr. PCO/Jr Project Manager to assist Delivery and Project Managers with their portfolios and projects, and to cover the roles and responsibilities of the Sr. PCO/Jr PM that will be going on maternity leave end of June.
The Sr. PCO/Jr PM will be working in a fast-paced environment and will be dashboarding for/working closely with SVPs so strong communication skills are mandatory.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the chance to work in a supportive environment and get exposure to different areas within the bank.
Typical Day in Role
Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following:
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours) • Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Experience as a PCO – 5+ years
2) PPM Clarity – 3+ years of experience
3) SharePoint – 3+ years of experience
4) Smart Stream – 3+ years of experience
5) Proficient in Excel – 5+ years of experience
6) Experience with forecasting and project financials – 5+ years
7) Experience with documentation and being exposed to project chatters and executive dashboarding – 5+ years
8) Strong communication skills (written and verbal) & experience working closely with Directors, Delivery Managers and Senior Executives – 2+ years
9) Ability to commute between Downtown and Scarborough (starting Downtown, but may need to work in Scarborough based on project needs)
– Project Management experience as PM
– PMP Certified
– FI/Banking Industry Experience – prefer one of the Big 5 Banks
– CPA or Financial background
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree
Candidate Review & Selection
– 1- Step Process: 1 in-person Panel interview (PCO, Delivery Manager & Hiring Manager) – behavioral/situational questions
– Looking for someone with extensive experience
– PM experience most preferred
– Need someone to hit the ground running, there won’t be much time for training
– Someone whose worked on long-term projects – no job hopping
– Strong communication skills are extremely important