Job Title: Project Control Officer
Duration: (2 months + extension for upwards of 1 year)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Finance and Administration department manages the regulatory requirements for the bank globally.
• Project: The team is searching for an experienced PCO to join their ongoing regulatory project that is setting standards for the bank’s regulations across finance, insurance and IT groups.
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a long-term project that has a ripple impact on multiple streams of business including Insurance, Accounting and IT.
Typical Day in Role
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years’ experience managing and maintaining project deliverables for large organization as PCO or Junior Project Manager
2) 5 + years’ advanced MS Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Word
3) 5 + years’ experience developing and maintaining MS Project Schedules, including multiple files consolidation and reporting
4) 5 + years’ negotiation skills to be effective with team members and management tin order to acquire and maintain project support
5) Excellent communicator both verbally and through written/pictorial reporting.
– Previous Financial Industry or Insurance experience is a strong plus and will be prioritized
– Recent regulatory project experience is a strong plus and will be prioritized
– PMP is nice to have
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, financial, insurance or technical field
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 – 2 Step Process: 1 -2 in person interviews depending on candidate selection • Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Interview to take place