Job Title: PCO
Location Address: Scarborough
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility for extension based on performance)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Resource Management is seeking an intermediate PCO to manage the coordination and finances for Project Managers for a pool of projects – they will be moved from project to project.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on other projects as there is a high potential for extension and a strong pipeline of projects.
Typical Day in Role-
– Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following:
– • Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
– • Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
– • Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
– • Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
– • Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
– • Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Project Control Officer Experience – 3+ years of experience
2) Strong project financial focus– running forecasts, ensuring accuracy, forecast actuals for projects – 3+ years of hands on experience
3) Clarity PPM experience – 3+years of experience
4) Strong Excel skills (run macros, pivot tables, identify errors)– 3+ years of hands on experience
– Strong communication skills (written & verbal) – will be speaking with executives and assisting in creating decks/presentations
Nice to Have
– FI/Banking experience
– CPA Designation
– Financial education or degree