Job Title: Project Control Officer
Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Business Payments is searching for a Project Control Officer to support to ongoing critical projects throughout the SDLC cycle. The successful candidate will be tasked with overseeing financials and ensuring accurate forecasting monthly as the project progresses.
• Reason for request: Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an intricate team that supports one another in a fast-paced environment using new technology for Global Business Payments.
Typical Day in Role
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2 – 4 years’ advanced MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Office365) – can create pivot tables and macros to manage, track and report project budgets
2) 2 + years’ recent PCO experience within Financial Industry specializing in IT Project management financials, ideally within big banks
3) 2 + years’ experience managing multiple product methodologies within banking
4) Excellent communication and time-management skills to manage 2 Delivery manager work loads
– MS Project Experience is a plus
– PPM Experience is a plus
– PMP is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: 1 onsite interview
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP