Title: Project Control Officer
Location Address: King Street W, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months – extension likely based on performance
Typical Day in Role
Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following:
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Experience as a PCO – 5+ years
2) PPM Clarity – 3+ years of experience
3) SharePoint – 3+ years of experience
4) Smart Stream – 3+ years of experience
5) Proficient in Excel – 5+ years of experience
6) Experience with forecasting and project financials – 5+ years
7) Experience with documentation and being exposed to project chatters and executive dashboarding – 5+ years
Strong communication skills (written and verbal) & experience working closely with Directors, Delivery Managers and Senior Executives
– FI/Banking Industry Experience
– CPA or Financial background
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree