Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 6 months to start
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group is supporting multiple large initiatives for the bank.
• Project: The group is searching for a Project Control Officer to manage the day-to-day functions of the growing Salesforce team.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an intricate team that supports one another in a fast-paced environment within IT&S.
Typical Day in Role:
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Manager, or Senior Manager as required
Must Have Skills:
1. 5 + years’ working as a PCO for large corporate environments, ideally for one of the big 5 banks
2. 3 + years’ experience creating and working with excel tables
3. Excellent communication and organization skills –must be able to articulate needs of team members to multiple users
Nice to have:
– Financial Industry experience is a plus
Degrees or certifications: Formal Project Management Education is desired, Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience