Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 12 Month Contact to be extended after Fiscal Year
Story Behind the Need
Project Summary : The Project Control Officer is assigned the work by the Manager/Senior Manager. Under direct supervision of a Senior Manager, or a Manager, Project Control Officer assumes project support responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
– To effectively support the project the Project Control Officer must be able to understand project scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
– The position requires good knowledge of project management tools and methods, and understanding of client life cycle development methodologies.
– Responsible for adherence to project management and other IT&S standards, promotes innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implement best practices.
– The Project Control Officer will have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Responsible for supporting the Team in the following:
– Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
– Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts.
– This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
– Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists. Support the Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities.
– The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
– Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
– Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Manager, or Senior Manager as required
– The Project Control Officer is to have the ability to effectively support a multiple number of projects of similar complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization. To be effective, a thorough knowledge of the Bank formal and informal organization structure is imperative.
– The Project Control Officer position requires good knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
– The position is expected to have an understanding of product development methodologies pertaining to the client area.
– He/she must have an expert ability to balance competing or conflicting requests of various projects, stakeholders, requiring a professional approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills. In addition, the following acquired working knowledge is necessary:
– Ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexity in a team environment, as well as developing a thorough understanding of project management techniques
Qualification of Must have Skills:
1. At least 5 years of prior PCO experience within Banking and/or FI
2. Strong MS Office skills Including Excel, Project. Excel skills required to manage, track and report the project budget. Ability to develop and maintain an MS Project Schedule, including multiple files consolidation and reporting.
3. Experienced Project Coordination efforts with a budget scope upwards of $2 Million budget.
3. Strong Experience with Project Financials and Dashboard
Nice to have Skills:
PMP designation is an asset
Formal Project Management Education is desired Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience