Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6/14 – 1-year contract
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Responsible for regulatory reporting target operating model, and all controls for the whole Bank's Regulatory Reporting.
Candidate Value Proposition: Opportunity to learn and experience a unique type of program for a Global bank. Exposure to Sr. Management.
Typical Day in Role:
– Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following: Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
– Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
– Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
– Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities.
– The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
– Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool. Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours) Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2-4 years of PCO or Junior PM experience – within Financial services/Banking/ operations/cash experience
2) 2-4 years' Experience supporting multiple projects of similar complexity in sophisticated matrix management position.
3) 2-4 Excellent Microsoft Project knowledge and exceptional Excel skills.
4) Excellent Communication Skills – verbal and written
1) Accounting Designations or Experience
Soft Skills Required:
1) Eager to learn
2) Negotiation Skills
3) Problem Solver
6) Curious and Passionate
Degrees: Undergraduate Degree