Job Title: Project Control Officer
Duration: 3 months (possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Resource Management is seeking an experienced Project Control Officer to assist with multiple projects, assuming project support responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). To effectively support the project the Project Control Officer must be able to understand project scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The Resource Management Group has the flexibility to fluidly move contractors, giving them the ability to touch multiple projects and gain experience and knowledge in different lines of business
Typical Day in Role:
Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following:
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Project Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Project Manager as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a financial field
2. 5+ years of experience as a Project Control Officer
3. Experience working in a Project Management environment
4. Ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexity in a team environment, as well as developing a thorough understanding of project management techniques
5. Strong MS Excel skills required to manage, track and report the project budget
6. Ability to develop and maintain an MS Project Schedule, including multiple files consolidation and reporting
7. Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary.
8. Negotiation skills to be effective with team members and management tin order to acquire and maintain project support
9. Strong communicator both verbally and through written/pictorial reporting.
10. Solid problem-solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues
Nice to Have Skills:
– PMP Certification
– FI/Banking experience
– Knowledge of Clarity PPM
– Master’s Degree in a Financial Field
Candidate Review & Selection:
2 Step Process:
1 Phone Screening
1 In Person Interview with Hiring Manager and Director
(Potential 2nd round interview with VP)