Job Title: Project Control Officer
Duration: 5 month contract- possibility of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Global Portfolio is seeking a Project Control Officer to work on a technology migration project which will involve helping with the project logistics and reviewing test results, compilations, and organizing people migration. The PCO must have a strong technical background as the project is being mainly driven by the larger ITS Sectors of bank and involves many technology layers. The PCO will be coordinating activities, reaching out to global business and work with the ECCO team as well.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a global scale across the enterprise, while being part of a fun, supportive and welcoming team.
Typical Day in Role
Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following:
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels • Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Technology Background – 4+ years
2) Experience with implementation projects – 4+ years
3) Analyzing test results – strong experience with Excel – 5+ years
4) Experience with client server technology, architecture, networks (familiar with terminology) – 4+ years
5) Strong Project Management experience (250 Systems that they have to work and coordinate with) – 5+ years
6) Strong attention to detail – analyzing test results
– Capital Markets experience
– FI/Banking experience
– Project Financial Management experience
– Agile environment experience
– PMP Certified
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
– 1- Step Process: 1 In-Person Panel Interview