Location Address: WFH (Toronto once BCP is lifted)
Contract Duration: 1 year + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group responsible for servicing Capital Markets and delivering system solutions for Wholesale Operations
• Project: The team is working on an multiple projects and requires a strong Programmer to help with translating documents for development teams in a user friendly format.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with multiple business lines Globally, while utilizing newer database technology.
Typical Day in Role
• Provide expert-level technical solutions and support to several vendor integrated products including SmartStream TLM/Corona, DUCO, and Bloomberg RegTek.
• Committed ETL developer that can deliver code with a high degree of quality and speed; design and maintain test suites to ensure high quality.
• Investigate and troubleshoot with great thoroughness to provide accurate and quick feedback or workaround to the business.
• Self-disciplined developer that can provide strong architecture design solutions that meet all functional, non-functional and security requirements
• Research and explore proof of concepts for ideas to grow the value of the product
• Own technology excellence with a hands-on approach to keep current on the application technology stack
• Collaborate with various teams with technical and business backgrounds to optimize the product and increase overall quality, functionality, and satisfaction
• Adhere to agile mindset and scrum framework with a strong team mentality.
• Matured team member that can provide guidance to peers, and ensure knowledge is well organized and shared inside the team.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years’ experience with Java EE development with expert level knowledge of language and developing environments including code quality, source control, and security using Junit, BitBucket, and SonarLint/SonarQube respectively.
2) 5+ years’ experience with Oracle development. Expert knowledge of Oracle data modeling, design, admin, tuning and troubleshooting.
3) 5+ years’ experience with UNIX shell scripting, process automation, and batch job execution/scheduling/management.
4) Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to interpret and explain complex technology concepts in simple terms to any level business user, director, or VP.
• Experience in Canadian banking or Capital Markets
• knowledge of enhancing DevOps automation testing and deployment pipelines using JIRA, BitBucket, Jenkins, JFrog, and Artifactory.
• Strong knowledge of commonly used data models and schemas in XML, JSON, AVRO, CSV, etc.
• Knowledge of building secured applications conforming to enterprise architecture standards like SFTP, TLS, certificate, authentication, authorization etc.
• Experience using collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Office 365.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a recognized post-graduate or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics.