Leads a self-managed Agile product team to provide the strategic vision and direction. Guides the vision to determine how customer insights will drive product requirements. Rapidly delivers high quality iterations of these experiences across marketing channels. Champions the customer perspective to ensure customer insights drive overall customer experience definitions and prioritize the product backlog. Ensures the final design delivers a truly great customer experience.
• Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
• Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
• May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
• Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
• Develops the business case by identifying needs, analyzing potential options, and assessing expected return on investment.
• Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements, and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
• Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
• Defines business requirements for analytics and reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
• Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
• Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
• Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
• Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
• Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
• Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
• Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
• Provides vision and direction to the Agile product development team and its stakeholders within a defined customer portfolio.
• Defines the product vision, road-map, and growth opportunities by representing the customer to the product development team.
• Leads the creation of product requirements and related business processes and technologies.
• Makes timely and effective design and execution decisions aligned with the vision for the product portfolio.
• Assesses product value, develops cases, and prioritizes stories, epics, and themes to focus on products with maximum value and alignment with product strategies.
• Defines, measures, and delivers end-to-end outcomes to maximize business value and return on investment.
• Plans, prioritizes, and manages a product feature and development backlog to plan iterations and elaborate on user stories.
• Represents the “voice of the customer” familiar with customer feedback / pain points.
• Supports effective relationships across work groups to mitigate impediments, eliminate road blocks, and facilitate successful completion of team release / sprint goals.
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders across the enterprise and participates in key product governance meetings.
• Leads the planning of product releases and sets expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
• Provides approval for completed team deliverables to determine readiness for implementation (i.e. minimum viable product).
• Solicits feedback from team members about improvement opportunities and other changes that add business value.
• Researches and analyzes competitor and industry products, markets, users, and roadmaps.
• Establishes product risk mitigating controls and assesses their effectiveness within the risk appetite.
• Keeps abreast with Agile/Scrum trends and best practices.
• Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
• Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
• Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
• Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in Business or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Graduate degree and/or equivalent work experience – required.
• Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
• Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth / Expert.
• Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth / Expert.
• Influence skills – In-depth / Expert.
• Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration – In-depth / Expert.
• Able to manage ambiguity.
• Data driven decision making – In-depth / Expert.
In short, someone that understands customer needs, contact center and treasury environments with specific focus on the below:
Objectives and key results
1. Identify root causes of customer queries and work with extended teams to understand how the issue can be resolved (Reduce the top 10 queries at the help desk by 60%)
2. Increased digital activation (Contribute x% to active use goal)- through education on how customer queries can be solved through using the self assist digital channels supplemented by chat options that can reassure, lead and respond to the customer need
3. Increase digital adoption(Contribute x% to active use goal)- through the identification of customer problems that can be solved through self-service enticement and education
4. Reduce help desk volume(Reduce call volumes by 50% and contribute x% to Call abandonment below 7%)- Through monitoring and understanding the root causes of call volumes and customer concerns, either recommend and/or implement fixes or have active campaigns that target digital activation and adoption.