Location Address: WFH
Contract Duration: 12 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need:
Project: Seeking a Procurement Specialist for the DCRC Program. The candidate will liaise and manage all program related procurement activities, liaise with the Bank’s Procurement team to ensure alignment to the DCRC Program requirements, as well as track vendor commitments & spend, engaging 3rd parties (both within and outside the Bank) as required. Will need to produce and maintain dashboards tracking orders, spending, delivery timelines, etc.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– This is a 3 year project total – long term opportunity and has possibility for fulltime conversion
– This is a 100% remote position and there is no expectation of returning to office even after restrictions lifted
– This is the largest Program ever entertained by the bank – with an incredible amount of visibility at the highest levels of the organization
Typical Day in Role:
– Driving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Program manager’s time and ensuring it aligns with the most critical priorities.
– Gathering necessary information and analyses from various sources and key stakeholders, to identify opportunities for synergies to drive Program objectives.
– Building an understanding of the critical work that is happening across the Program and surfacing issues and challenges to the Program Director.
– Proactive identification of issues that could impact the successful execution of commitments. This responsibility involves elevating those issues that the Program Director should be aware of and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk.
– Acting as a liaison to leaders and external stakeholders, as appropriate, to help advance both the DCRC Program’s priorities and the bank’s strategic priorities.
– Upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
– Provide summarized reporting to Program Manager on a monthly/quarterly/yearly/ad hoc basis.
– Assist the DCRC Program Manager and Senior Manager Vendor Optimization in the evaluation of performance/ metrics of services and ensuring billing accuracy of same, highlighting gaps and discrepancies (if any) and flag to both PM and Senior Manager
– Protects operations by keeping contractual and financial information confidential.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3 to 5 years’ analytics, procurement and/or financial management experience
2) Ability to learn new systems quickly (SmartBuy/Coupa)
3) Highly proficient in MS Office tools (particularly Excel and Power Point) – must have a high level understanding (PIVOT Tables, VLOOKUPS, graphs, chats, etc)
4) At least 2+ years of experience within the technology industry / working on technology related projects
– Bilingual in Spanish / English is a plus
– Working knowledge of Power BI is an asset
– Analytical mind with critical thinking, able to juggle multiple competing priorities with attention to detail
– Self-driven, highly energetic and team player attitude
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
– Able to meet tight deadlines and flexibility to work evenings/weekends as needed, often on short notice
– The incumbent is comfortable working in a highly virtual environment, with limited face to face supervision but still able to deliver superior quality results in a timely manner
– Candidate must be a self-starter, who can produce quality work with minimal supervision / oversight
Degrees or certifications:
– Post secondary degree in related fields of study or equivalent combination of education and experience
– HR Management Certificate