Story Behind the Need
The procurement analyst contributes to the overall success of Global Procurement Services department serving the global enterprise ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Typical Day in Role:
• Applies knowledge of procurement best practice and general business practice to respond to inquiries related to Procurement Policy and Procedures, and other related policies.
• Provides frontline support for all complex user requests and issues related to Procurement Technology (Vista, SmartBuy, etc.).
• Operates the Bank’s issue ticket management system to log, review and resolve complex Level 1 support issues related to Procurement Technology.
• Provides guidance and training to users as required. Interacts with employees and suppliers for P2P platform onboarding, catalog set-up & maintenance, training and support for sourcing events, payment inquiry, and initial purchase order issuance.
• Reviews, recommends for approval, and follows Standard Operating Procedures documentation to ensure data quality and consistent delivery of service according to established Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
• Reviews, recommends for approval, and follows prepared Problem Resolution Procedure (PRP) documentation to resolve common problems.
•Escalates issues to Manager, suppliers, or other internal stakeholders and tracks to resolution.
• Prepares reports that monitors operational KPIs.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years of experience within one or several of these: business help desk, operations, project management, business administration, business analysis, data analysis, business process improvement
2) 1-2 years’ demonstrated support experience with COUPA system – not only using the system, but in a supporting capacity with it
3) 1-2 years’ proven data analysis/reporting experience
4) Intermediate Excel Skills – VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables
1) Bilingual in Spanish an asset
2) Experience with Icertis system
3) Experience using Power BI
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to be able to resolve queries efficiently
• Prioritization and time management skills
College Diploma or University Degree in related field
COUPA certification is a plus