Process Improvement Project Manager
Story Behind the Need:
The Process Improvement Project Manager working with Data Office, technology partners and platform users will be responsible for overseeing the execution of Data Platform Management process improvement projects. These processes cover platform onboarding, workload management, data provisioning and access management, service level objectives and other enterprise data platform processes.
• Work with stakeholders to optimize the platforms while factoring in a multitude of evolving constraints (e.g., regulatory, technical, financial, etc.)
• Drive business process improvement efforts across the Data Platform Management team to ensure that standardization, efficiencies, and best practices are employed while leveraging systems, automation and other solutions as needed through to initiative delivery including:
• Drive a consistent, focused approach to modernizing our data platforms and providing next-gen services to the organization, including evolving our existing technology stack and creating a connected data ecosystem
• Lead/participate in stakeholder engagement to refine areas of focus and define KPIs, benefits/improvements to be realized and delivered
• Work with the upstream and downstream cross functional stakeholders (business and IT delivery teams) to gather inputs, metrics and feedback used for assessing current state
• Lead/participate in the analysis and development of solution options and recommendations
• Play an active role in effectively communicating key process changes, summarizing complex items into simple models or visuals that can explain the key points and impacts of the change. Obtain alignment by sharing this with stakeholders at multiple levels to gather input, feedback, and engagement on the future state design of processes.
• Monitor, evaluate, and report on the progress, raising project issues and risks, as well as quality and scope deviations
• Support work related to maintaining the Process Inventory within the Data Platform Management and acts as a brand ambassador for the DPO. This includes improving team capabilities, processes, and templates.
• Analyze and define both the “As Is” and “To Be” business processes
• Contribute to the gap analysis between system functionality and department requirements in conjunction with the Project Manager
• Develop diagrams to clearly document functional requirements and business rules
Project Delivery Management
• Work with platform users and project teams to streamline the execution of data projects on enterprise data platforms.
• Work in close partnership with all project stakeholders to align plans, timelines, expectations, and deliverables to meet project's objectives
• Use negotiation and influencing skills to build consensus amongst diverse stakeholder groups to ensure project deliverables are met
• Ensure projects are delivered based on agreed scope, agreed timeline and approved budget
• Manage resolution of issues and risks effectively and if required ensures timely escalation of the issues and risks
• Create and maintain comprehensive project management artifacts in compliance with Change Delivery methodologies, in alignment with agile delivery practices.
• Participate in all aspects of the QA life-cycle, with a focus on agile methodologies.
• Oversee creation of testing strategies, plans and project documentation using risk analysis methodologies and tools that align with a project's development approach.
• Manage documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g., strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria, gating), ensure artifacts adhere to standards and audit requirements.
• Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing.
• Participate in test case creation, execution to meet timelines, manage/support team in creating reusable test assets for manual/automated test scripts
• Develop, manage operational processes. ensure QA processes tie into technology delivery practices, standards.
• 5+ years of experience in IT/Data Process Improvement
• 3+ years of Experience with the analytics & data project life cycle (e.g. ETL).
• Previous knowledge of working projects with big data technologies (Cloudera/Hortonworks, Cassandra, Spark, other)
• Strong working knowledge with project management tools. Confluence, JIRA, PowerBI
• Experience with data management principles and tools
• Ability to design and communicate effective business processes
Nice to have
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices such as code reviews, testing frameworks, maintainability and readability would be an asset
• Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL) would be an asset.
• Experience in Cloud Data Solutions would be an asset
• Lean and/or Lean Six Sigma designation an asset
• Advanced Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio software or equivalent tools an asset
• Tableau is a plus
• Experience with agile delivery frameworks
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Ability to multitask effectively over multiple projects with excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Coordinate diverse groups who contribute to business requirements and build consensus for optimization priorities
• Be able to make recommendations and communicate to senior management
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, including presentations/demos.
• Ability to solve ambiguous and typically novel problems that require the effort of several teams and organizational alignment
• Attention to details, high standards for quality.
• Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
• Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
• Writing and maintaining related documentation.
• Experience in a large complex / matrix organization
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in business, science or engineering