Process Engineer x2
Contract Length: 8 Month Contract
Location: (Remote to start – moving to hybrid)
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Positions: 2
Story Behind the Need: Additional support needed to implement project
Project: The Payroll, Time & Attendance and Compensation team plays a critical role within Global Human Resources Technology to deliver our Reward Programs for employees
Candidate Value Proposition – the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a global team on a high visibility project with the bank.
Description: The Process Engineer with provide highly specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, configuration and support of cost effective, online HR management and decision support systems.
Typical Day in Role:
– Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying their HR and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, participating in the reengineering of the HR business process work flows and liaising with the users.
– Manage multiple small HR technology projects and/or manage specific sections of large projects to implement technology solutions to HR business problems. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management. Ensure each project delivers quality products/functions in a timely manner which meets HR business requirements and provides an enhanced employee experience.
– Participate in the systems implementation process by interpreting business requirements into technical specifications, systems analysis, documenting detailed reporting requirements, configuration of HR vendor software, ensuring integration with existing related HR systems, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
– Participate in the review of Quality Assurance (QA) test strategies for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure the planned testing is comprehensive and consistent with the business requirements. Support QA testing by analyzing defects to: (i) provide clarification of business requirements; (ii) provide clarification of technical specifications; (iii) define which defects need to be resolved for implementation; and (iv) negotiate the severity classification of defects with the user.
– Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems including Compensation, Time & Attendance, and Payroll business strategies and policies, industry best practices and methodologies, regulatory requirements, internal bank processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– 3-5 years experience as a Process Engineer
– Experienced with project planning and project management
– Working knowledge of process methodology / mapping (modelling and charting workflows).
– Experienced with Electronic Data Processing practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools and HR systems/processes
– Experience with SAP SuccessFactors Human Capital Management, Compensation and Variable Compensation Software.
– Previous experience working with HRIS programs an asset
– Experience with SAP SuccessFactors Performance and Payroll Software is also considered an asset
– Strong business communication skills (ability to communicate across teams and to stakeholders)
– Creative, self starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good technical analytical skills
– An effective team member
Degrees or certifications: under-graduate degree in human resources, business, information technology or a related discipline
Candidate Review & Selection – 1 round of interviews