Job Title: Policy Writer – Gifts and Entertainment
Location Address: Toronto – WFH foreseeable future
Contract Duration: 4/12 – 8/31/21 – 6 month, possible extension.
The group is globally responsible for compliance, sits under conduct risk and culture risk. Doing the right things for the bank, following code of ethics, and all activities associate with achieving that.
Project: Policy Writer needed to support the program. There are a number of policies globally within different divisions and jurisdictions for Gifts and Entertainment. There is currently no policy at the enterprise level – goal is to establish a global policy and retire regional jurisdiction or reduce them to supporting procedures or addendums for the policy.
Candidate Value Proposition: Understand how to work in a global firm and how to look at many jurisdiction requirements – understanding experience of global framework for compliance expectation.
Typical Day in Role:
– Looking at polices in the firm, understanding requirements for jurisdictions to provide policy that meets expectations
– Regulatory requirements to make sure being catered for polices and enterprise
– Review and analysis of existing policies, come up with component parts of what the global should look like, drafting policy to meet requirements, sending it out for consultation from stakeholders, incorporating feedback, back out for second round of input, finalization of approval.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2 + Years – Gifts and Entertainment Experience – writing policies
2) 5 years + – Experience in Global Compliance, writing and formulating policies within the Financial Industry. Understand frameworks, different requirements required for jurisdictions.
3) 5+ years – Managing Stakeholder Expectations/Excellent Communication Skills – ability to influence
1) ABAC experience/knowledge
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in business finance or related – related.