Contract Length: 6 months – (high potential for extension based on funding/performance)
Location: WFH – Toronto if Covid Restrictions
Story Behind the Need: Global Wholesale Risk Technology is seeking a Policy Writer Contributes to the overall success of the Global Wholesale Risk Technology (GWRT) group globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Story Behind the Need
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Banking Markets Engineering (GBME) group globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
As per regulatory requirements, US Technology needs to adopt Global Policy documents (Frameworks, policies, standards, procedures, guidelines) and create US Addendums as applicable. There is a lack of expertise in writing policy documents across our technology groups. The person in this role will be an SME in policy writing conforming with US Regulations (FFEIC guidelines), internal "SBUS Policy of Policies" and standards recently adopted.
Policy documentation will serve as reference documents for all US technology related activities and need to be current and clearly articulated. “The risks of not fulfilling the responsibilities described in the role entail noncompliance with the US Regulatory obligations of GWRT US as well as noncompliance with SBUS Policy of Policies”
Reason for request: Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian ban and get exposure across the CIO, and with the business as well. The individual will be working on highly visible projects, an opportunity to work with highly ranked individuals within the bank.
Typical Day in Role
– Conduct information gathering activities such as surveying, analyzing, and evaluating processes, products, and services by using internal/external data.
– Determine required solution and assist in implementation.
– Recommend improvements, solutions, and respective implementation plans.
– Support business engineer by describing and defining the business processes including the (organizational) structures involved.
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
– Oversees all US Policy Addendums owned by GBME US from a content point of view. Examples of responsibilities include:
? Authoring of new US Addendums based on input from US policy owners
? Reviewing and updating of content related to existing Addendums as they as they are being renewed
? Ensuring compliance and consistency of all policy document s with FFEIC guidelines
? Active monitoring of renewals and material changes of Global policies which might trigger changes to US Addendums
? Acting as Policy SME within the department and conducting policy writing training and workshops for all policy owners
? Serving as liaison between GBME US and U.S. Risk Governance and Policy (“USRGaP”) group, representing GBME US in all workshops and decision-making processes at the SBUS level
– Understands, articulates and implements policies and procedures within the team and establishes new and/or updated processes, goals, scope and/or tooling
– Creates and maintains an inventory of all global policies applicable to US Technology activities:
? Monitor policy changes
? Identify new SBUS Addendums needs
? Manage the annual US addendum renewal and approval process
? Assist owners in dissemination and evidence keeping process
? Produce adoption, review and approval reports as required
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our banking clients Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years of experience in technical writing (e.g., processes, business requirement documents, functional design documents) in the Information Technology space
2) 8+ years of experience with policy / process documentation and experience in preparing Standard Operating Procedure documentation
3) 8+ years of experience analyzing complex cross-functional problems and identify opportunities for improvement within the overall context of the business and its service delivery functions.
4) Capable of managing / supervising a number of issues simultaneously using defined procedures and methodologies – demonstrated in project work
5) 5+ years of experience of exposure to regulatory processes and procedures
– Proficient in MS-Office productivity applications
– Proficient in SharePoint and Confluence pages design
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Ability to analyze complex cross-functional problems and identify opportunities for improvement within the overall context of the business and its service delivery functions.
– The incumbent must work under tight deadlines and conflicting priorities. The incumbent must be able to react quickly to resolve business problems and work overtime on many occasions to meet deadlines.
– Candidate should be a self starter, and someone that will be eager to come in and get the work done without having to be constantly pushed to keep themselves busy
Degrees or certifications:
– A recognized undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
Candidate Review & Selection
2 steps – Senior Leaders to be involved in 2nd Round
– Possibly a 3rd round but TBD