Contract Length: 6 months – End of Fiscal year Oct 31st 2021 (high potential for extension)
Location: WFH – Toronto
Story Behind the Need: Seeking a Policy Writer to contribute to the overall success of the group globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
As per regulatory requirements, US Technology needs to adopt Global Policy documents (Frameworks, policies, standards, procedures, guidelines) and create US Addendums as applicable. There is a lack of expertise in writing policy documents across our technology groups. The person in this role will be an SME in policy writing conforming with US Regulations (FFEIC guidelines), internal "Policies" and standards recently adopted.
Policy documentation will serve as reference documents for all US technology related activities and need to be current and clearly articulated. “The risks of not fulfilling the responsibilities described in the role entail noncompliance with the US Regulatory obligations as well as noncompliance with internal Policies.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and get exposure to various teams or areas in the Bank as this is a very large program.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Preparing high-quality, timely and accurate reporting. Accountable for all project-level status and risk/issues reporting, decision collection, change analysis, and project plan update
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Oversees all US Policy Addendums from a content point of view. Examples of responsibilities include:
– Authoring of new US Addendums based on input from US policy owners
– Reviewing and updating of content related to existing Addendums as they as they are being renewed
– Ensuring compliance and consistency of all policy documents with FFEIC guidelines
– Active monitoring of renewals and material changes of Global policies which might trigger changes to US Addendums
– Acting as Policy SME within the department and conducting policy writing training and workshops for all policy owners
– Serving as liaison between groups, being a representative in all workshops and decision-making processes
– Understands, articulates and implements policies and procedures within the team and establishes new and/or updated processes, goals, scope and/or tooling
– Creates and maintains an inventory of all global policies applicable to US Technology activities:
– Monitor policy changes
– Identify new Addendums needs
– Manage the annual US addendum renewal and approval process
– Assist owners in dissemination and evidence keeping process
– Produce adoption, review and approval reports as required
– Executes the migration of Policy Documents from US Risk SharePoint to ClauseMatch
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 10+ years of experience in technical (Policy & Procedures) writing in the Information Technology space
2) 8+ years of experience preparing policy documentation, process documentation, standards documentation, and Standard Operating Procedure documentation
3) 10+ years of experience within Banking/Capital Markets/FS working on infrastructure related initiatives
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills – comfortable speaking to individuals across all levels
– Ability to deal with many different stakeholders in the bank as the policies will include many different groups and have a number of different individuals involved
– Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills to work with everyone from project team, to business partners and stakeholders
Education / Certifications
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
– Master’s degree / MBA – Regulatory Project experience highly preferred
– Scrum Master Certification (CSM)