Jot Title: Policy Writer
Location Address: WFH foreseeable future
Contract Duration: 5/3 – 6 month, possible extension.
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Conduct Risk – Part of the ABAC Program – globally responsible for compliance, sits under conduct risk and culture risk. Doing the right thins for the bank, following code of ethics, and all activities associate with achieving that.
Project: Policy Writer needed to support the ABAC program. There are a # of policies globally within different divisions and jurisdictions for Gifts and Entertainment. There is currently no policy at the enterprise level – goal is to establish a global policy and retire regional jurisdiction or reduce them to supporting procedures or addendums for the policy.
Reason for request: Additional Workload related to ABAC Program – take workload off existing staff and harmonize policies.
Candidate Value Proposition: Understand how to work in a global firm and how to look at many jurisdiction requirements – understanding experience of global framework for compliance expectation.
Typical Day in Role:
– Looking at polices in the firm, understanding requirements for jurisdictions to provide policy that meets expectations
– Regulatory requirements to make sure being catered for polices and enterprise
– Review and analysis of existing policies, come up with component parts of what the global should look like, drafting policy to meet requirements, sending it out for consultation from stakeholders, incorporating feedback, back out for second round of input, finalization of approval.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 years + – Experience with Writing and Formulating Policies, within the Financial Services Industry. Ideally, Writing Policies within Global Compliance – understanding of the policy Frameworks, and the different Requirements required for Jurisdictions.
2) 2 + Years – Gifts and Entertainment Experience
3) 5+ years – Managing Stakeholder Expectations/Excellent Communication Skills – ability to influence, socialize with stakeholders, obtain their approvals, and feedback.
1) ABAC experience/knowledge
Soft Skills Required:
1) Team player
3) Articulate Clearly
4) Influence People
5) Capture things quickly – not defensive to feedback and open to it
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in business finance or related – related.