Contract Duration: 05/17/2021 to 10/31/2021 6 months + extension
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Business group: Finance & Risk Technology team managing Finance and Risk applications for the Bank.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary: This initiative is for setting up a data platform to land and ingest all source data that is required for finance and risk applications.
Candidate Value Proposition –
This is from the ground up and starting from scratch – building out a new team. You will be part of something new, which gives rise to a lot of opportunities to learn and grow within the bank.
The team will be using state of the art open source technologies.
– Responsible for the building, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the data platform E.g. installation and configuration, tooling integration, process automation, and platform management.
– Test, monitor, administer, optimize, and operate multiple big data clusters on premise and/or in cloud.
– Documents and maintains operational procedures and processes. (Experience with Confluence)
As a Platform Engineer – you will be a blend of a system administrator (Linux and BigData), DevOps engineer, Database administrator (Intermediate DBA)
Must Have Skills
1. 3+ years of experience setting up, configure and manage, monitoring, integrating data platforms using Hadoop, Ranger, Hive Metastore & NiFi.
2. Experience with security authentication, authorization, and encryption specifically AD/LDAP integration
3. Experience with S3 object storage technology. E.g. MinIO
4. DBA experience with RDBMS: Oracle and PostgreSQL DB support.
5. 3+ years of experience troubleshooting data platform performance and capacity bottlenecks.
6. 2+ years of DevOps experience using technologies such as Ansible Tower, Ansible, Docker, Git, Jenkins.
7. Familiar with Linux shell scripting and system administration.
1. Experience setting, configure and manage data platforms using Kafka, Presto
2. Familiarity with networking, firewalls and load balancing.
3. NoSQL is an asset
4. Experience with Agile methodologies such as confluence, Jira and scrum