Platform DevOps Engineer (Cloud specialist)
If you love…
• Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in team building activities
• Building new systems; you will shape and construct a new digital web application and experience
• Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to make the best product
• DevOps; we are committed to our practices and tools: CI/CD, containerization, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
• Continuous improvement; our team is organized in product squads, leveraging the best of Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum framework to deliver in shorter cycles, adjust according to our tenants needs and continuously improve.
And you want to…
• Sharpen your development skills with the latest technologies, with access to vast resources and without limitations
• Embody and advocate a culture of quality code development
• Paint the path to services implementation through elegant architecture
• Contribute to an on-demand and self-serve organisation
• Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experiences
• Put the interest of the team first
• Explore the the cloud-native ecosystem evolution
…then we want to get to know you!
• Contributes to and supports the corporate enterprise container strategy by Identifying ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
• Manage the container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrade, patching, monitoring)
• Review code written by other engineers to ensure it meets standards for quality, security, and performance
• Contribute to the Infrastructure automation via various IaC tooling: Ansible, Terraform, packer.
• Adhere to and ensure security and compliance requirements for platform are maintained.
• Collaborate with team members to conduct root cause analysis and automate fixes.
• Responsible for CI/CD implementation/deployment and support the design and development of new pipelines and features.
• Develop and maintain tools and frameworks to help automate infrastructure and application deployment.
• Support platform/application teams by monitoring apps, performance tuning and providing deployment support.
• Develop quality solutions through adherence to coding standards and test automation
• Participates in an on-call rotation to provide afterhours support for key business solutions.
• Experience with monitoring/logging tools such as Splunk, ELK, Grafana, and Prometheus.
• Maintain catalogue of platform tools, technologies, processes and standards.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 2-5 years of experience working in IT infrastructure, system administration or software development
• Hands-on experience with container management platforms (ex: Openshift)
• Experience deploying Kubernetes (beyond the managed service offerings from cloud providers GCP/AWS/Azure)
• Experience with development/automation tools such as Anisble, Python, Git and Terraform.
• Knowledge of wide range of application required by software to operate and deploy in a K8S cluster (database, code tracing, logging, monitoring etc)
• Knowledge of Docker and containerization concepts with multi-stage builds, registries, and best image practices
• Self-motivated, confident personality with rigorous attention to details, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good understanding of IT technologies (programming, cloud architecture, micro services, automation) and practices (OO, DevOps, TDD, CI/CD).
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
• Linux or Kubernetes certification
• Operator framework knowledge
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of both general and Kubernetes networking concepts
• K8S CNI and CSI
• Basic network and protocols understanding (DNS, IPV6, NAT,SSL/TLS,LDAP, SOA, HTTP )
• Wireless core and RAN knowledge an asset
• Basic skill in OOP programing language.
• Good understanding of hardware
• GitOps .
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.