Role: Pharmacy Relations and Deployment Manager- PrescribeIT,
Duration: 1 Year
Our client is looking to develop PrescribeIT, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitates better health outcomes for Canadians.
Client is currently working with over 20 community pharmacy companies with local, regional reach, representing over 3,300 pharmacies in six jurisdictions and working with corporate, banner, and independent channels to understand requirements for launching Prescribe IT in different jurisdictions in Canada. This includes developing and executing a project plan by community pharmacy company which will include all facets required to launch such as legal, IT, Privacy and Security, Marketing, Training, and Change Management.
The Pharmacy Relations and Deployment Manager will be accountable to maintain relationship management support for community pharmacy stakeholders by building and executing deployment project plans for our PrescribeIT product on a national basis. This role involves developing and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders to drive execution and adoption of PrescribeIT, including internal and external stakeholders. Extensive travel and non-traditional work hours will be a requirement.
Services and Work Products
The Pharmacy Relations and Deployment Manager will work with community pharmacy stakeholders to provide and execute short and long-term planning, strategic alignment, leadership, subject matter expertise, project management, operational oversight and execution, negotiation, monitoring, and risk management to ensure success throughout all phases of the deployment project.
This position will liaise with multiple stakeholders.
Services may include, but are not limited to:
- Meet or exceed community pharmacy client expectations by anticipating needs and working closely with their internal resources to ensure successful deployments and execution.
- Engage banner and independent pharmacies as part of the PrescribeIT deployment plan to meet internal adoption targets.
- Work with the client Compliance, IT, Support, Change Management, PMO, Jurisdictional Engagement teams, Performance Management teams and others as necessary to ensure deployments are delivered on-time.
- Accountable for working with the external stakeholders – Telus Health, PPMS vendors, eHSS, pharmacy associations, and community pharmacies.
- Project management (planning, execution, problem resolution, etc.) for all the tasks related to external stakeholders for successful production release
- Communications (meetings, focus groups, bulletins)
- Status reporting on regular intervals as agreed upon with PrescribeIT PMO
- Preparing, reviewing, and executing program related documentation both internally and externally (e.g. P&S training, community pharmacy training, rx workflow analysis)
- Establishing regular, ongoing meeting cadence with external stakeholders for successful delivery of LPR1, LPR2 and R1.
- Contract management (negotiation, Participation Agreements, TOU, P&S agreements etc.)
- Risk management – Risk monitoring and mitigation plan/approach
- Creation of standard, repeatable business processes to engage & service external stakeholders, as identified by the PMO and Group Director, Pharmacy Relations.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Healthcare or IT related fields
- 1-5 years of sales experience in a health care related field is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the health care systems (e.g. PIN, registries, authentication services, etc.)Strong knowledge of provincial eHealth and drug information systems
- Project Management experience of at least 10 years in the implementation and deployment of large I.T. systems, in the health care sector
- Minimum of 5 years of community pharmacy retail experience (Operations, IT/IS solution delivery, Rx Workflow) or industry that services this market as a IT health care vendor
- Strong business analysis skills, with the ability to research and assemble relevant information for retail pharmacies and EMR solutions
- Ability to build strategies and plans, in addition to executing hands-on at the local level.
- Experience coordinating resources across health system organizations
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Ability to oversee multiple project resources pulled from different departments or organizations
- Strong written and verbal communications coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence others