Typical Day in Role:
Manages Organizational Change
• Together with the Senior Manager, supports the roll-out of new processes and practices for management of physical records including communications and training of key resources within the business responsible for management of paper records.
• Establishes relationships with key stakeholders within the business and 3rd parties to facilitate the implementation and sustainment of paper records management.
• Together with the Senior Manager and the GWM IT&S team, developments analytics/reporting required to facilitate effective management of physical customer records held within GWM locations.
• Together with the Senior Manager, develops the project plan, timeline, and schedule for implementation of the new process for management of paper records within GWM locations.
• Together with the Senior Manager, introduces reporting to track the progress of GWM locations RE disposition of paper records within the business in alignment with our RIM policies, standards, and guidelines.
• Responsible for facilitating the annual destruction process for GWM records held at Iron Mountain (IM) and tracking progress of GWM business units until completion.
• Provides input RE the effectiveness of existing processes for management of paper records and makes recommendations to create efficiencies, address gaps & mitigate risk to support the records and information practices for GWM.
• Together with the Senior Manager, ensures management of paper records is aligned to Enterprise-wide and local regulatory policies and procedures (i.e., Global Retention Schedule).
• Together with the Senior Manager, identifies risks and escalates identified issues where appropriate to the Director Records & Information Management.
• Together with the Senior Manager, effectively manages the interests and input of all stakeholders and builds a collaborative working relationship across GWM and Enterprise.
• Together with the Senior Manager, ensures strict compliance with regulatory requirements and assists in responding to regulatory inquiries related to paper records.
Supporting Strategy and Policy
• Maintains awareness of the GWM RIM strategy and educates staff on records and information management policies and practices as a vital business function
• Provides SME input into the development of GWM RIM specific procedures
Supporting Other Projects as Required
• Offers support to ongoing and additional projects within the GWM RIM team as required
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years’ experience working on projects involving implementation of new processes that involve organizational change
2) Experience with information governance principles, retention schedules, litigation holds, policy, procedure, storage and retrieval, best practices for physical records
3) MS Proficiency (Word, PPT, Excel)
4) Experience with MS Projects
5)Experience managing relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors
1) Experience in the records and information management field
Soft Skills Required:
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to prepare communications and interact effectively with GWM stakeholders
•Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
•Undergraduate degree required