The Payment Associate will fulfill routine and occasionally non-routine transactions, resolve internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/requests and referring non-routine issues to more senior team members and/or management to action. Also, they will handle audit/reconciliation activities efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards and focusing on up to a one-month time horizon.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
• Resolve discrepancies that include occasional non-routine situations in accordance with standard procedures.
• Record and verify data for fulfillment and/or further handling.
• Communicate with internal business partners and external customers to respond to standard and occasionally non-standard and/or non-routine inquiries according to guidelines.
• Follow-up with other business units to ensure issues are resolved.
• Perform administrative tasks such as distributing/ collecting documentation and information to or from other internal departments or institutions, archiving historical documentation, assisting in the preparation of management reports, reconciling activities on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
• Resolve escalated work or issues from more junior staff, as appropriate.
• Provide input into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team and participate in testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
• Provide on-the-job assistance and training to others, as requested.
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Related working experience but may also consider new graduates
• Fluent in English and Excellent communication skills
• Strong problem solving capabilities
• Fast learner; strong attention to detail
• Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong computer literacy (required for use of several internal applications)
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Strong customer service skills
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Previous experience in the financial/banking industry
• Call center experience
• Wire Payments processing in Canadian dollars, US dollars and Sundry
• Foreign currencies (i.e.: EUR, GBP, CHF, etc.)
• Good investigation skills
• Good prioritization skills
• Good organizational skills
• Good customer service skills
• Team player
• Shows initiative
• Enthusiastic, motivated individual
• University/College degree