Location Address: WFH/hybrid model (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Business Control & Risk Management – Supports the asset management business at the Bank– 2 components: control programs geared towards sales practices involving requests to the team and oversight for sales related activities; other side is related to third party risk management and product policy programs
Project: Contribute to the execution and monitoring of controls over the mutual funds sales practice program, Third Party Risk Management Program, Product Policy Program, and ad hoc requests as required.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the wealth and asset management space, the wholesaling business, mutual funds and how this part of the business operates. The role is not strictly operational – the candidate will have a chance to also work on the sales component, so this provides an opportunity to work in a multi-faceted role.
Typical Day in Role:
• The main function of an Operational Analyst is to assist the business with maintaining control programs and is above an administrative level but below a management level.
• This may include the day-to-day management of the promo store, centralized ticket management, expense reviews, and ensuring requests and ongoing activities comply with established policies and limits for all control programs
• Compares excel data to controls
• Support the wholesale retailers and educate them on offered products
• Engage on sales practice activities and requests – (eg. taking advisor to hockey game, sponsorship requests, requests for non-profit contributions)
• Comply with the defined processes for each type of requests that come in – mostly around expense reviews, donations
• Communication for this role is mainly internal and with the sales team
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5+ years as an operations/control/compliance analyst within the banking industry
2) Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel
1) Experience with CRM and Business intelligence tools (eg. Salesforce, OOD – Oracle on Demand)
2) Experience in Compliance with National Instrument 81-105
Soft Skills Required:
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
Bachelor's degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field preferred.
Candidate Review & Selection
1 round – with HM and a team member – 1 hour video interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP