Location: Ottawa (remote until further notice)
Duration: 12 months
The Video Technology team is responsible for all aspects of new technology assessment, testing and deployment of video platforms. The Video Innovation Center (VIC) is responsible for on-going integration, testing and support of the client’s IP-based television service. We deliver service to customers over our fiber optic network using an advanced IPTV platform.
The VIC team is currently looking to fill a new graduate position in our Managed TV technology team. If we select you for this role, you will start your journey with a deep experiential learning program that will provide you with a very strong foundation in networking, security, and automation, developing the skills needed to support and enhance our critical laboratory infrastructure. This role will challenge you in many ways, and will rely on all of your current skills in order to develop new skills in system integration, service prototyping, software development, data analysis, and verification. This role will require you to collaborate frequently with your teammates, interface with our laboratory client teams, to document and communicate issues to our vendors, and to present the results and recommendations to the broader team.
The lab environment in which you will work consists of an end-to-end video architecture, starting with a head-end that distributes video content through multiple video serving offices and all the way to a customer’s home. We test all product-related features in the VIC lab in Ottawa before we deploy them to our production environment. For example: wireless TV receivers, Whole Home PVR, On Demand content, apps on your TV including Netflix, YouTube, TSN etc. and mobile apps that deliver video to a smartphone or tablet.
This position offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of next -generation video technology, and the networking infrastructure that support our customers in our production environment.
A successful candidate must be a self-motivated individual who knows how to take the initiative in learning new things, and must be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to systematically troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis when observing anomalous behaviour
• A strong desire to learn new things and expand your skills
• A desire to pursue self-directed learning and education opportunities
• Knowledge of / experience with hardware and software integration, verification testing, quality assurance and/or system testing
• Basic knowledge (and keen interest) in computer hardware and network technologies
• Basic programming/scripting experience in Python, or a similar high-level language
Experience with any on the following technologies and methodologies would be beneficial:
• Experience with Wireshark, Fiddler, Docker, GiT, Android OS, Atlassian Jira and Confluence (or other requirement/ defect management software), JSON, LUA, REST APIs
• Familiar with OSI networking model and basic routing principles.
• Understanding of DNS, DHCP, Home Networking devices, Firewalls, & Proxies
• Experience within an Agile team environment
• Experience within an automation development/scripting role
• French language proficiency beneficial, but not required