Network/Systems Administration/Cisco Voice Telephony
Typical Day in Role:
• Capability to complete onsite Moves, Adds, Changes and Disconnect (MAC-D) activities within Toronto and surrounding satellite locations.
• Capability to complete onsite Analog cabling activities at various locations within the GTA.
• Manages the purchase, installation, and support of unified communications infrastructure equipment and applications.
• Responsible for spreadsheet analysis using Microsoft Excel
• Responsible for evaluating current systems for capacity, performance, currency and security.
• Manages multiple tasks concurrently. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Escalates more complex problems to management for guidance. Provides second and third level support.
• Devises course(s) of action that may fall outside of procedural and policy guidelines and standards and makes recommendations.
• Provides work leadership, coaching and training to other team members and business partners.
• Supports the bank’s technology infrastructure by participating in after hour’s support with the expectation of receiving notification of critical system outages outside of business hours and to take appropriate steps to restore service.
• Maintains working relationships with key customers, clients, suppliers and contractors.
• Understands the departmental objectives and division technology strategies. Keeps current on rapidly changing technology trends.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 5+ years of Industry experience working as a Network/Systems administration/Cisco Voice Telephony.
2. 5+ years of working experience of LAN/WAN systems, networks and applications.
3. 5+ years of working experience and expert knowledge of various Unified Communication systems i.e., Oracle, Cisco, Legacy Telephony.
4. 5+ years of working experience with Telephony Vendor systems and processes.
5. 5+ years of working experience with Regulatory bodies (internal and external) and Vendor contracts.
• Oracle and/or Cisco Telephony certification.
• CCNA Voice Certification.
• Previous experience or exposure working in the Banking/FI industry.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred.