You will be accountable for evaluation, design, deployment and support of networking and security solutions as well as virtualization environments.
Candidates will be chosen based on how they can fully demonstrate a fit for this position through specific examples from their previous roles and experiences and their ability to learn and adapt.
Role duties and Accountabilities include:
• Plan, design, configure networking into our Cloud infrastructure.
• Provide engineering support on end-to-end problem resolution and root cause analysis in collaboration with other functional groups, business units and vendors
• Lead new design and service catalog standards and instructions
• Document design solutions and conduct project training and information sharing sessions
• As part of continuous improvement approach, contribute or lead process improvement initiatives typically associated with delivery cycle times and efficiency
• Layer 3 support for production network
• Expert level hands on experience on LAN and WAN networks
• Advanced knowledge on information security systems such a firewall, IPS, DDoS prevention
• In depth knowledge of protocols such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS, eVPN
• Strong hands scripting and programming experience in python, Ansible, shell or equivalent
• Hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Linux Containers, Docker
• Hands on experience with networking physical layer technologies
• Knowledge of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization such as OpenStack, SDN/NFV, OpenDaylight or ONOS considered a strong asset
• Interest in working in an agile/devops environment
• Very autonomous and able to work in ambiguous circumstances
• Bachelor degree in computer/electrical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Able to lead the resolution of complex problems, involving many partners both internal and external across multiple systems or processes
• Strong technical leadership, teamwork, negotiating and technical decision-making skills.
• Excellent English written and verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills