Typical Day in Role:
• Reporting to a Project Manager, you will play a critical part in helping the team support the various technologies within our Global Network. You will be expected to be a part of the teams’ rotational on call duties and, when required, be a part of after-hours project deployments in the morning, evenings or weekends
• You are eager to work with leading edge technologies to incorporate complex network solutions, as well as work with other technology teams to contribute to an overall solution.
• You thrive on being hands-on during mid to complex project deployments into production. This will include the support of assigned systems by acting as an internal consultant on assigned infrastructure and providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity.
• You want to be challenged with complex problem solving in time sensitive situations to reduce system downtime and customer impact.
• You understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• You are highly interested in software-defined Data Centre technologies like Cisco ACI and VMWare NSX and want to help drive the road-map and adoption within a large-scale enterprise network.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 10+ years of hands-on technical working experience in supporting, deploying and interconnecting various network technologies at an enterprise scale.
2. 7+ years of experience designing and deploying Data Centre network technologies (MAN/WAN)
3. 7+ years of hands-on technical working experience with various Cisco, Fortinet, F5, Infoblox at an enterprise level capacity:
• Cisco Routing and Switching
o Nexus N9K/N7K/N5K/N2K Solutions
o Cisco ISR and ASR Routers
o Catalyst N9K
• Cisco Security/VPN
o ASA/FTD Firewalls
o Cisco FMC
o FortiGate Firewalls
o Forti Manager/Collector/Analyzer
• F5 LTM/GTM
o Infoblox DNS/DHCP and IPAM
4. You have hands on technical working experience with Cisco ACI or similar software defined technologies.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCIE) certification a plus
• Experience with working on Public Cloud environments (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
• You have strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
• Superior problem solving, decision-making and troubleshooting skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field.