Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Summary: The main function of a Network Engineer is to determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks. A typical Network Engineer is responsible for planning and implementing network upgrades.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands
• Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs
• Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs or upgrades
• Design, build, or operate equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operation systems
• Determine specific network hardware or software requirements such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemas
• Develop and implement solutions for network problems
• You have strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
• You possess superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• You are self-motivated and a results-oriented individual who is always chasing improvements.
Qualifications of Must have skills for the Network Engineer:
1. At least 7 years of hands on experience with Network/systems administration/related work experience required
2. At least 3 years of Proven experience in cloud infrastructure designs, implementation, and support (Google GCP and Microsoft Azure) and must have Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) experience.
3. 3+ years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of Cloud environments and associated networking technologies (VPCs, Shared VPC, Load Balancing, Interconnects, VNets, Application Gateways, Expressroute)
4. 3+ years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of containerized and serverless technologies (PCF, Docker, Kubernetes, AKS) and their designs, implementation, and ongoing support.
5. 3+ years’ experience in Cloud network troubleshooting (Networkwatcher, Network Flow logs, Azure Monitor, Google Dashboards, Wireshark).
6. 3+ years’ experience using programming languages such as Python, GO, Ruby and/or BASH for automation of tasks.
7. 3+ years’ experience working with Linux/Unix command line and command line tools
8. Proven experience/knowledge of networking concepts; switches, routers, firewalls, as well as protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, TLS, DNS/DHCP and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF).
Nice to Have:
1. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification a plus
2. Familiarity with orchestration/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
3. Google and/or Azure Cloud Certification – is an asset
4. Familiarity with Infrastructure As Code tools such as ARM Templates, Terraform, Cloud Formation and Google Cloud Deployment Manager
Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field.