Job Title: Network Analyst – Data Center Consolidation
Location: WFH – Scarborough if back in office
Contract Length: 5 months
Our large financial client is seeking a Network Analyst for the Data Centre consolidation project which will see devices being installed/configured in various data centers in Canada. The candidate will work with a project team to execute the various installs/upgrades/migrations of multiple devices including switches, routers, firewalls and various network modules.
A key component of the project is there will be the need to work / build ACI environments and support migrations to these environments.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global experience and work with multiple teams, while having the opportunity to be extended based on their performance and funding.
Typical Day in Role:
– Verify configuration and migration steps via change documents.
– Adjust plan to meet production deployment needs.
– Communicate and collaborate with Project Manager, technical resources and clients to co-ordinate migration timelines, test and validation procedures, scheduling etc.
– Design and build technical solutions for any encountered problem in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
– Operate and configure network equipment (Switches, Firewalls)
– Migration of firewall rules and configuration from one platform to another.
– Validation of configuration and firewall rules.
– Deployment of defined standards, best practices and guidelines.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 4+ years of ACI experience – this is the predominant requirement for this project
2) 4+ years of hands on experience in configuration of routing / switching protocols including BGP, OSPF, vPC, VLAN, HSRP, static routes etc.
3) 4+ years of hands on experience in configuration, deployment and troubleshooting for the following firewall platforms (ASA / Fortinet)
4) 4+ years of hands on experiencer with Fortinet FortiGate, FortiManager AND FortiAnalyzer
5) 4+ years of hands on experience with Cisco FTD, Cisco FMC
Nice to Have Skills
– 4+ years of experience with Postman / Ansible / Python
– Previous firewall migration experience between below platforms:
o Cisco ASA to Cisco FTD/Fortinet FortiGate
– 4+ years of experience on F5 load balancers
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering