Role: Network Analyst
Duration: 6 Months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Global Networks Engineering & Design Services looking for a network analyst.
The GNS contractor's main responsibilities will be as follows:
Ø Assist with performing network audit activities to assemble a global inventory of subnets. This data source will feed AD Sites and Services, providing the foundation for an accurate site topology
Ø Assist with IPAM, DNS, DHCP changes within the labs and throughout the production rollout
Ø Attend meetings as necessary to share updates and stay aligned with project priorities and delivery schedule
Ø Perform troubleshooting and support, as required
Ø Perform updates to production records and documentation throughout the project
Ø Assist in development of new steady state processes to ensure the required information is kept current and ensure GNS stays in sync with necessary updates to AD / SCCCM.
If any additional background is required, here is some more detail:
§ Some potential architectures being considered for Windows 10 image delivery and patch management could possibly require DP (Distribution Point) placement at many points in the network. The accuracy of the AD sites and services topology (which comes from the planned GNS audit) is essential to ensure DPs serve content only within the intended boundaries:
o For example: A DP should share content only within it’s respective site or building, and not across WAN circuits to other sites.
o There could be other cases whereby this information could serve other purposes, such as Nomad 1E, AD controllers, etc. For the granulars of this, at this point I would defer to EIS and the SCCM team to provide more detail if it’s needed.
§ Infoblox DNS, DHCP and IPAM changes, along with router “IP helper” config changes are expected and will need to be performed in concert with the planned rollout. These will be after-hours changes.
Will collect subnet of global networks to understand capacity and map that to expected traffic with cloud and business application. To make sure current network will be able to handle all the traffic. This consultant will help to figure out the resolution to protect business critical applications
• Reason for request: project for network auditing part of Office 365 migration to cloud
* Candidate Value Proposition: Using newer technology
Typical Day in Role
• Routing, Switching, IP Sub netting
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. DNS and DHCP- 5 years of experience
2. Senior level in (IP Sub netting) 5 + years
2. Doing analysis of existing infrastructure, assessment of current infrastructure, and apply changes during migration
3. Routing, switching- 5 years
Nice to have: CCIE certification
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required