Job Title: Multi-Media Technologist
Location Address: Toronto – Currently WFH
Contract Duration: 5/1/21 – 1 year
These roles support the training workstream for a large Canadian Banking regulatory bank act project called Bill C86 Consumer Protection. There are 14 different workstreams on this project that are making changes to process and systems to be in government compliance by April 1. 2022. This project impacts around 20,000 employees. The project is owned by the Canada Banking Operating Practices regulatory and policy group.
Project: Consumer Protection Workstream, Regulatory Project part of Bill C86.
Responsible for the cataloguing, sharing, and integration of the multi-media elements (video/animations/ audio and images) that support the Consumer Protection training. Creates and maintains these elements in an image library.
This role supports and ensures optimal use of the multi-media elements.
Candidate Value Proposition: An opportunity to be part of a fast paced project that is really important to the Bank and our customers. The work will be very team oriented with all roles working together to build the appropriate training. The work will demand an agility factor as there will be opportunities (planned and unplanned) to pivot from the expected course of action, and demand creative thinking to find alternate ways to meet the training expectation in a fast and effective way.
Typical Day in Role:
– Serves as a subject matter expert regarding multi-media content administration/ creation
– Serves as a subject matter expert in regards to the implementation and execution of consumer protection multi-media
– Ability to work on many Consumer Protection learning projects simultaneously
– Knowledge of various multi-media types, uses, and digital content control
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Maintains a full inventory of the multi-media elements used in the Consumer Protection new training assets and existing assets under revision for all training assets.
– Serves as a subject matter expert for consumer protection training team and stakeholders across the bank regarding use of project imagery and branding of all training assets.
– Manages and enforces image content configuration standards and processes.
– Conducts the recording of the system transactions for the system teaching elements using appropriate recording tools.
– Recommends improvements and proposes solutions to resolve challenges for the project work.
– Escalates issues or enhancement suggestions to the appropriate stakeholder groups, tracking progress and documenting resolutions as appropriate.
– Adheres to the bank's established processes, guidelines and SLAs for imagery and digital learning.
– May participate in the testing for accessibility and provide support to the LMS tester. Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2-4 years of Demonstrable experience creating multi-media outputs and training integration
2) Strong appreciation of complex, matrixed organizational structure and complexity
3) 2-4 years – Strong skills in supporting and troubleshooting online technology
4) High proficiency with MS Office Suites, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
5) Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
1) French language skills are considered an asset
2) Captivate and Camtasia experience
Degrees: Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in a technology related area