Typical Day in Role:
• Perform testing for assigned projects by reviewing project documentation, preparing test documentation and executing test activities for multiple, parallel initiatives.
• Perform various types of testing including Functional testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser & Cross-device testing, Content testing, and Regression testing.
• Complete Quality Assurance deliverables on time, as per the schedule.
• Report defects in defect tracking tool and work closely with the team so that solutions can be determined, prioritized and scheduled.
• Provide regular status updates and call out risks and issues to release and project timelines.
• Provide inputs for root cause analysis of post-production issues and plan to prevent them in future.
• Have in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the organization’s products, applications, systems, environments, processes and tools.
• Learn and leverage new tools and methodologies for Quality Assurance, on a continuous basis.
• Assist with initiatives to streamline QA processes and implement best practices.
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with proficiency in testing web-based applications
2) 5 + years of combined experience in Functional testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser and Cross-device testing, Content testing and Regression testing
3) QA experience working on Banking systems in a Financial Institution
1) 3+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
2) Experience with working on applications using Remote desktop connection
3) Test automation experience
Soft Skills Required:
• Have detail-oriented approach to testing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fast learner with an appetite to learn what’s behind simple and complex financial solutions
• Candidate must be comfortable working as part of a team and encourage both individual and collaborative innovation
• Ability to work in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
• Positive and resilient personality – Able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
– Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
– Certifications: All preferred (e.g. ISTQB or related)