Job title: Manager, Network Management
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
Business group: GWO Operations Control
Operations control – mandate to provide key control functions over the activities for GWO. Provide enablement and control process. Within operations control there are limits, reconciliations, trade repository, and business performance management. All play a control function for the rest of utilities/activities for GWO and the business lines GWO supports.
Team – Business Management – mandate expands across GWO cultural environment meets all GWO enterprise and business requirements. Financial Management, operational risk management and vendor management, and network management are all already that play a role in controlling governance.
Project: This role is to support Network Management's work stream for the BREXIT project . Project entails changing workflows from London to Ireland, stablish relationship with regulators. Two-phased, helping establish what the new set up is going to look like and implementing on transferring everything over that needs to be.
Candidate Value Proposition: Opportunity to be engaged in regulatory changes that don't always come around. Participating in industry impacting changes, provides exposure to the wholesale side of Scotiabank. Glimpse of the capital markets of the bank – if a right person is found, there may a possibility of extension or even FTE. Further opportunities within the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
– Account opening requirements
– Troubleshoot – activities are all consistent
– During the planning stages, working with various teams within GWO to define what the account structure is
– Needed to work with other teams to confirm within that structure what is already in place, what needs to be requested.
– Talking through and understanding the requirements, implementation, meetings with custodians
– Work on account documentation, making sure it is all updated and inputted correctly, approved, then submitted
– Talking on the phone with account providers that it has been received, implemented
– Updating all settlement instructions once accounts are open, once updated making sure distributed communicated
– During Implementation – monitoring process closely with team for when issues arise, help address issues and being that contact to manage an issue log as track what issues are and resolution.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years Previous experience dealing with Global Custody Models through a FI, or Investment firm.
2) Project Experience in Migrating to a new custodian – understanding concept in managing a work package – project lifecycle
3) 3-5 Years – Proficient in Excel
4) Excellent Communication Skills – both written and verbal
1) Experience with managing databases
Degrees: Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field required,