Position Title: Manager, Content & SEO
Duration: 12 months
Work Location: Toronto
As part of the client’s Marketing team, the Digital, Social and Content Marketing (DSCM) team is responsible for leading their digital marketing transformation. The team carries the mandate to build the digital marketing ecosystem to enable personalized communications at all interactions with our customers across paid earned and owned channels. Leveraging a best-in-class content strategy, their communications will ensure the company is delivering breakthrough creative and the best, personalized and connected experience for our customers. The second goal of the group is to drive leadership in all digital marketing channels across paid, owned and earned. This means that they strive to enable best-practices in each channel, define the leading practices and beat competitive benchmarks. The primary goal of the group is to optimize the customer journey from start to finish, ultimately improving performance and driving ROI in each marketing channel for their business and channel partners.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Performance Marketing Brand, the Manager, Content & SEO will lead efforts to develop breakthrough content that ultimately improves rank in search by developing and executing onsite content, including banners, and develop content strategies in collaboration with the team as it relates to driving upper funnel awareness and developing advice-based content that supports the company’s Brand.
• Leverage consumer insights to develop always-on content (e.g. long from and Short form content, digital ads, videos, targeted and personalized messages), push messaging (app notifications).
• Act as the purveyor of the Brand voice and finding ways to be innovative with content to stand out
• Focus on public sites and consider the entire digital consumer journey and ensure content integration points are optimized across channels, including social and mobile.
• Lead the execution, optimization and performance of digital marketing programs, delivering subject matter expertise in organic search and onsite content strategies, insights generation, measurement and reporting.
• Analyze SEO performance and look for ways to continually optimize and drive the business forward.
• Deliver detailed and actionable insights and strategic recommendations, provide interpretation, guidance and recommendations to aid marketing decision making and drive business performance
• Produce and manage keyword research, technical, content and SEO audits – analysis and optimization recommendations
• Engage with agencies, vendors and key internal partners to deliver best-in-class SEO strategies and programs
• Partner with Integrated Marketing Planning, Targeted Marketing, Channels and the business to deliver on the digital objectives for the businesses
• Contributes to integrated marketing strategies and plans, including annual forecast
• Ensure compliance with company process and governance control requirements
• Contributes insights on performance and reporting of results for all SEO and content, relative to YoY and forecast
• Manages the Always On Content SEO budget including forecasting and invoicing
• 7+ yrs Content Marketing exp (expertise in SEO & digital content strategies & execution)
• 5+ yrs exp. with SEO analytic platforms (SEM RUSH & STAT)
• 5+ yrs of Editorial mindset, writing exp., proofreading & editing skills
• 3+ yrs exp. managing performance marketing campaigns through digital (focusing on SEO & driving performance through digital experiences)
• 3+ yrs exp. with digital acquisition campaigns in an always-on environment (& demonstrating results with driving incremental improvements)
• 5+ yrs exp. managing content development, content strategies, producing & managing agile content & guiding agency partners in the production of content, in responsive & mobile environments.
• 5+ yrs exp. engaging in agency & vendor relationships
• Post-secondary education in Business or Marketing
NICE TO HAVE:
• French language speaking & writing
• Banking experience
• Understanding the technical side of SEO
• Experience working with multiple layers of approval
• Experience working with User Experience designers in Digital channels